Watched the new Hunter x Hunter. Holy shit is this incredible. The last three episodes all took place in the span of about 15 minutes or so, and despite that there aren’t any real pacing problems when you look at how much shit is going on at the same time.
These 15 minutes cover:
- Three separate groups, most people only aware of the presence of two of them.
- Over 15 characters active in this confrontation.
- Three deaths that we’ve seen, one of them major. Probably more total.
- Five fights. None of them the typical “one on one while everyone watches and waits”.
- Background information on a major character that’s been present since the beginning that changes perspective on him, likely used for the coming arc
- Multiple changes in the artstyle for key events.
- Every side’s assumptions and strategic planning having been shattered.
- Constant misinformation and misdirection.
This shit is rare in a shonen show. It’s incredible.
Actually, all of this three episodes took place in the span of about 15 SECONDS of real time en HxH world! (Except the part where Morel and Pouf talks a little, but Gon seeing Netero was at the 15 seconds mark (In the Manga there is a Timer in some panels).